Saturday 5 November 2016

Face of the Day & Current Makeup Favourites

After uni taking over my life for the past year, I have been very poor in regards to posting which I really apologise for. However I am determined to be more consistent and do regular posting on this blog. So what a better way to do my first post back in over a year with a face of the day and current favourites 2 in 1!





I was travelling to Northampton to visit my best friend who I hadn't seen in a while so I felt like getting a bit glammed up. It's pretty simple (not going to lie), but I want to tell you about the products I've been recently using as some of them are now my holy grail products.

First onto the face of the day: 



FACE


Primer: Nivea Men Post Shave Balm
Foundation: Too Face Born This Way foundation (Warm Beige)
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me concealer (Blemishes)& Instant Age Rewind (under the eyes)
Powder: Mac Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation
Contour:Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan Bronze Universel
Blush: Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso)
Highlight: Benefit Watts Up 

EYES

           Eyeshadow:  Naked 3 palette (Dust & Burnout over the lid  Nooner in the crease
 Blackout as eyeliner)
Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational
Highlight on inner corners and brow bone: Sleek Solstice Palette
Eyebrows: Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade (Soft Brown)

LIPS

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit (Exposed)



CURRENT FAVOURITES


Now onto my current makeup favourites right now...

Makeup wise there have been 2 stand out base makeup items for me right now and that's the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation and the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultimate Weightless Concealer. 




This is the first time I have ever purchased this foundation and I heard so much hype about it on YouTube and I'm so glad I bought it. It provides such amazing medium-full coverage but by still looking natural which is so hard to achieve in my opinion. I find the best way to apply this is with a damp beauty blender as it makes it apply like a dream. I use the colour Warm Beige which is a perfect match for my fake tan and the packaging comes with a pump which is always a plus. I purchased mine at Debenhams but I will say that the display I went to only had 6 shades shown, but the foundation runs in 18 shades so if you're very fair or dark I would suggest getting it online as it's not always available in store which isn't great. I have combination skin, oily t-zone and dry everywhere else and this doesn't show dry patches and doesn't go massively oily on me and lasts a good 10 hours on my skin. Definitely recommend. 

The concealer I have purchased twice before and it's definitely one of the best concealers I've tried. The first time I purchased was in the colour Medium-Light Neutral and it was amazing at covering my dark circles with the neutral undertone. But the second time I decided to get a lighter colour to highlight my undereyes more and purchased Light Warm, which I wish I never did as the colour just didn't work for me as well. So I'm back to my original one. I will say get colour matched for this concealer as there are so many shades and undertones and you don't want to make the mistake I did and waste your money. It is such an amazing concealer though, it made my skin look so airbrushed and without looking or feeling cakey. It's very comparable to Mac ProLong Wear Concealer but just a lot lighter on the skin. So if you love the MAC one, try the Urban Decay one as well.


It wouldn't be right if I didn't mention my love for Kylie Cosmetics right now. I finally was brave enough to purchase 2 of the lip kits (well 3 as I lost one on a night out -.-) in Exposed and Candy K. I also purchased one of the glosses in Literally. Although the obvious of the cost of the shipping and customs was a bit of a hassle, they took 2 weeks to arrive. But to be it was worth the wait. I am absolutely in love with these products. They're long wearing, non-drying and non-sticky and last on my lips for ages (that includes the gloss. They're so pigmented as well as only need one layer for the lips. For the gloss, I pair it with Candy K lip liner to stop it from bleeding out of my lip line and to make it stand out. I don't want to babble on about these as there have been many reviews online, but I honestly love them. I have already ordered the lip kit Leo and it's out for delivery now!


Top to Bottom:

Literally Gloss
Candy K
Exposed

Hope you enjoyed this post! Apologies again for the lack of posts over the past year, I am determined to make some sort of posting schedule and to keep to it so watch this space!

Much Love,
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment