Friday 19 May 2017

Graduating & Moving forward...

Hey everyone!

So after 3 years of hardwork, blood, sweat and tears I have finally finished university. So now all my work is done, I thought this would be a good time to do a reflection on my time at university and sharing my experience with you.






I remember before applying to university I was considering doing Geography as a degree... Quite a bit of a switch to Drama! However I soon realised that it wasn't the subject I was passionate about, or I fully enjoyed. I know everyone has their own opinions on certain subjects, especially in the arts, but there is no point wasting 3 years and getting lots of student debts to do a subject you A.) Don't enjoy and B.)You can't see any future in it. Nevertheless many people do go to university to do a degree and completely change their career path after, and that's okay. When I started my degree I didn't know what I wanted to do, then in second year I wanted to do acting, now I will soon be graduating, I personally don't want to do acting as a career anymore. That's not a bad thing, changing your mind is good as long as you end up in a career you are happy in.

I actually remember thoroughly enjoying my first few weeks at university so much, the work was great, the people were great and I felt like I was in my element. Then when I had to do my first essay, I really questioned my capability, I remember ringing my Mum thinking I was out of my depth and I wouldn't be able to graduate with a good degree. However I got over that worry and carried on and everything turned out great. It's inevitable that uni isn't for everyone, some people know it's not for them before they go and some find out during university. But if I can give anyone advice on university is that to not get disheartened if it isn't for you, there are so many options out their and uni isn't the only one. But I will also say that if I didn't go to university, I wouldn't be as independent as I am now if I was still living at home. Obviously we all miss our parents doing our washing and that one home cooked meal we crave, but it doesn't compare to being able to make your own choices and being responsible for yourself. I now know that moving into my own place wouldn't be as daunting as I have experienced university and fending for myself.

So my plans for the future. I'm still not 100% sure on what I want to do. Some of you may think that's bad but I don't it means I can have a year out, working and just earning a living until I do decide, it could be anything. At the moment, PR and communications is taking a interest in my mind, but who knows where I'll be in 5 years. I'm not worried as I know I have had 3 of the most amazing years, meeting the most amazing people and experiencing things I never would have if I didn't go to university. (Mainly knowing my alcohol limit).

But anyway after that long reflection, I thought I would also share with you some pictures from my end of year party with my course along with sharing my outfit and my makeup for the night. 




Makeup

FACE:
NYX Honey Dew Me Up & Angel Veil Primer
Makeup Forever HD Foundation (Shade Y375)
Naked Skin Concealer (Light Neutral & Medium Neutral)
RCMA No Colour Powder (Baked under eyes)
MAC Studio Fix Powder (NC 35)
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade (Soft Brown)
Benefit Hoola Bronzer (Contour)
Chanel Bronze Univeral (All over bronzer)
Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso)
Benefit Watts Up Highlighter
The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer
NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray



EYES:
Naked 3 Palette (Nooner in the crease, Buzz & Burnout all over the lid, Factory on the outer lid)
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Black Eyeshadow from Morphe 35F palette (set liner and outer bottom waterline) 
Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara
Eylure Lashes (Number 117)


LIPS:
MAC Lipliner (Boldy Bare)
MAC Lipstick (YASH)

Outfit
Dress- ASOS 
Shoes- New Look
Earcuff- Newlook
Bag- Newlook
Rings & Braclette- Pandora


Hope you guys enjoyed this post and to all those at university, college or school good luck on your results <3

Lots of love

Em xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment