Tuesday 26 August 2014

Makeup organisation & storage.

Hey there everyone! Hope you've had an awesome week and bank holiday. For today's post I thought I would do something that I believe could help all those who are like me, disorganised, busy, and sometimes a bit lazy. I'm mainly talking about how to organised and store your makeup. I have had my makeup organised like this for around a year and it's amazing how much easier it is for me to be able to get ready in the morning without having to rummage through a massive makeup bag trying to find just an eyebrow pencil. 
Obviously I am aware that this is not for everyone's taste as some of you may have a much larger collection and some of you a much smaller one as you feel like you don;t need it and that's perfectly fine. But I reckon the drawers I use would be ideal for office supplies as opposed to makeup, so it's up to you :D



So let's just start with the general layout of my makeup. This drawer uni was £15 from Ikea which I think it's pretty good considering you can paint the drawers and redesign them to fit your room (although I'm not creative enough for that) and it holds a decent amount. 
The mirror is a portable mirror from Revlon which is battery powered so if you need to, you could travel with it. Pretty handy. You can buy this at Boots and possibly Superdrug 




















I keep my lip products such as lipglosses, lipsticks and liners on the top of the unit and I like to keep them separate from each other just to make it easier for me to find things. I use to keep them all in one of the smaller drawers in the unit but that became a nightmare to find anything! So I bought this lipstick holder from ebay for around £5 but they come in different sizes and prices and you can also get them on Amazon so I recommend just shopping around to get the best deal.

When I first bought this, I thought 24 spaces would be enough for all my lipsticks to fit, and I was totally wrong! I underestimated my lipstick collection, so I gave the ones I didn't use as much which were some No7 and Clinique lipsticks to my mum as I reckon they were originally hers and I just 'borrowed' them ;)
(Just to let you know that some larger lipsticks such as some of the No7 packaging doesn't fit in the holder, so maybe think of an alternative if you own a lot of them :))

As I had no room at all to put my lipglosses, I decided to place them in a clay pot I made at school in year 5. So DIY  ;) but I probably would have placed them in another lipstick holder if I bought another one, but I'm happy with where they are now :)



Short and sweet, these brush holders are the packaging that ice watches come in as I had nothing else and I didn't want to waste them....basically. 
I like to keep my Naked 3 palette out as I use it almost everyday and it's just easier for me to grab and I also keep my Benefit book "How to look the best at everything" out as it acts as a nice display for the unit.




In the first small drawers I keep my powder products such as blush, bronzer, powder and highlighter. (as you can see it's very tightly packed).
In the middle drawer there is all my eye products apart from my eyeshadow. So it's go eye primer and eyelash curlers, different eyeliners and mascaras and it also has my eyebrow pencil.
The right drawer contains little eyeshadow palette by Makeover Essentials and Clinique, as well as individual eyeshadows and cream shadows by MAC and Maybelline. I also have a random shimmer bronzer I don't use a lot in there as it doesn't fit in with my others as well as my eyebrow kit.



The two middle sized drawers contains my face products. The one on the left contains all my skincare such a face primers, setting sprays, moisturisers etc.
The one on the right contains my all of my foundations, BB creams (one of them which I recently lost on holiday :')) and concealers. It's very hard for me to keep this drawer tidy as I always seem to be buying foundations and different shaped concealers which makes it hard to stack neatly.


The last drawer is known as my 'fake drawer'. This is because it contains all of my fake tan, tanning moisturisers as well as fake blood, latex and eyeshadow palette I use for Halloween makeup or extremely bright I wouldn't use everyday. 

This is the drawer I don't use as much as it just contains such random things, I also put some samples in there and general makeup I don't use/ like which I really should throw away.


So I hope this gave you readers some idea's on how to organise your makeup and not be a total mess like I am :)
Hope this helps and you all had an awesome bank holiday!
love you guys, 
Em xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment